Instructions for preparation of invited and oral presentations
The length of the invited talks is 40 minutes (30 min presentation + 10 min discussion) and for the oral presentations its is 20 min (15 min presentation + 5 min discussion).
PCs equipped with MS Power Point and Acrobat Reader are available in the conference rooms.
Authors are kindly requested to upload their presentations in the “Speakers’ Corner” located in booths n. 17-18 in the industrial exhibition area at least 3 hours before the beginning of the session. For the morning sessions please upload the presentation one day before the session.
Presentations sent by email will not be accepted.
The “Speakers’ Corner” is open all day from 8:00 to 17:30.
IT support is available to assist the speakers in the Speakers’ Corner. The presentations are then distributed to the meeting rooms automatically.
Presentations may be delivered on USB flash drives, external hard or solid state drivers or Virtual clouds (no e-mails).
Please save all files associated with the presentation (PowerPoint files, movies/video files etc.) to one folder location. Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disk or medium than the original presentation. Please note that that DVD-RAM and Blue-Ray Disc drives are not available.
Accepted Formats & Fonts
• Microsoft PowerPoint 97–2007, 2010* or 2013* format *.ppt or *.pptx
• Adobe Acrobat *.pdf format;
• The screen format will be 4:3;
• Pictures/Videos JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, PNG or BMP formats will be accepted as well. Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images with higher resolution than 300 dpi are not necessary and only increase the file size of the presentation. In case of any videos in the presentation – test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before the presentation. Generally, WMV and AVI format should work with no difficulties.
• Fonts Only fonts included in the basic installation of MS-Windows are available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of the presentation. Suggested fonts are: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, and Calibri. If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into the presentation by choosing the right option when saving the presentation, see details below:
◾Click on „File“, then „Save As“
◾Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“